Looking for a simple drink to serve for the holidays?
Here is the perfect recipe if you are serving for a crowd or for two.
This sangria recipe is from my good friend and bartender Brittany Banks of Bubbles and Booze.
Grab a bottle of your favorite red wine to get started.
*I recommend using a inexpensive wine since it mixes with other juices. The notes of the wine won’t be as present as sipping a glass.
For this recipe I used a Cabernet Sauvignon, which is a dry red wine that pairs well with the juice since it is not sweet. It makes a balanced drink.
- 1 bottle of Cabernet or your favorite dry red wine ( I used Flip Flop Cabernet)
- 1/2 Pear, chopped into cubes
- 1/2 Orange, sliced into halves
- 1 Cup of Orange Juice
- 3/4 Cup of Apple Cider
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
- 2/3 Cup of Brandy ( I used E & J)
- Add your chopped pears, sliced oranges, and sugar into a pitcher
- Muddle your fruit until it is crushed and mixed together
- Add your orange juice, apple cider, brandy, and wine
- Stir and enjoy
A few tips:
- Add more sugar if you want it to be more sweet
- Serve in a chilled glass
- Sangria can be made the day before so the fruit can infuse the wine
This sangria is perfect for fall, thanksgiving, and the holiday season. Be sure to tag me if you make this drink. I want to see your creations.